Our general policy regarding your data is to save as much as needed and as little as possible.
This document will try to explain what personal data we store and how we handle that.
Privt. is an XMPP client that connects to an XMPP server. Privt. will never upload data to the developer. The only execption to this rule is data collected after a crash. This data will be send via your own XMPP account but never without your explicit consent.
Privt. or its developers don't have control over the data you send through the app. However the following data might get uploaded to your XMPP provider:
Data uploaded to your XMPP provider
- Encrypted Messages. This includes encrypted text messages, encrypted images and other encrypted files
- Your avatar / profile picture
- Your non-sensitive public keys for the OMEMO encryption
- Your double-blind (X2P) proxy keypair that is used to encrypt all of your future API traffic after registration.
What we store
- Your user name and hash of your password
- The date of your account creation and the end of your next payment interval.
- Encrypted files. Every encrypted file you share with a contact or a conference will be uploaded and stored for later retrieval by the recipients.
- Other data
- A list of your contacts (Roster, Buddylist). This list is maintained by you. You decide who goes on that list and who gets deleted.
What we don't store
- Your IP address or any information that could be inferred by that address like your location.
- The time when you login. - Or more general the times when you use our services.
- A correlation between your account and your payment information for longer than it is necessary to fulfil our return policy.
How we handle your data
- All cost of operation is cross financed through our customers so we simply don't have to sell or analyse your data in any way. And we never will.
- If you delete your account all related information will be deleted with it.
- All backups are encrypted.